the Leash Reactive Dog course
Does your dog lunge and bark at other dogs or people on walks? Get step-by-step training help for your leash reactive dog and enjoy more relaxing walks together. Learn through instructional video, handouts, and quizzes.
Self-Paced Online Course
What you are going to learn
A few more words about this course
This course provides you with a simple, step-by-step guide for reducing your dog's leash reactivity. It is structured to focus first on foundation skills, then on defensive handling maneuvers, and finally, on desensitization & counterconditioning to create lasting behavior change.
Throughout this course you will discover how to:
- Understand the common factors that cause reactive behavior in our dogs
- Read and respond to your dog's subtle body language cues on walks
- Help your dog be more attentive, relaxed, and responsive on walks
- Protect your dog's emotional wellbeing with proactive defensive handling
- Create lasting behavior change by focusing on improving your dog's emotional & physiological state in the presence of their triggers
Co-Founder & Co-CEO of Instinct
Sarah is co-founder & co-CEO of Instinct Dog Training Inc. She is a certified dog behavior consultant and certified professional dog trainer with an MA in Animal Behavior & Conservation from Hunter College. Sarah has helped thousands of dogs & their humans navigate complex behavior issues in busy urban environments, and has been featured as a dog behavior expert in media outlets including the New York Times, NPR Radio, Pix11, NBC Nightly News, New York Magazine, NY Daily News, Associated Press, and many more.